Tinnitus is a symptom rather than a condition but it’s
Most people have tinnitus at some point in their lives and it doesn’t have
to mean there’s something wrong, although the noise is often very annoying.
The main symptom is unexplainable ringing or buzzing noises.
Types of Treatment:
Counselling is important being fitted with a hearing aid often alleviates the
problem and for those who don’t have hearing loss, there are devices that
can mask the sound of the tinnitus.
What you can do:
* Seek immediate medical help if symptoms appear suddenly or are only on
* Wear earplugs or earmuffs if you are regularly exposed to noise.
* Try relaxation strategies.
* Speak to your GP about your medication – some (even aspirin) can cause tinnitus.
* Avoid nicotine and limit caffeine and alcohol.
* See your dentist – some cases are caused by a jaw condition.